Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Reflection

Now that I have had some sort of basic experience with all the different types of communication writing, I have come to realize how specialized these different types of writing can be. I found news writing to be fun, because there are different sub-genres that require different approaches to it. Some, like a current event piece, might have more formal, journalistic writing, while something like a feature piece or an interview might need more of a personal touch, sometimes given by the questions themselves. Interviewing was a lot of fun for me. I had to work hard to find a good interviewee and then even harder once I notice the guy was a little nervous/tense to start with, but it paid off. Broadcast writing wasn't necessarily boring, but i consider it the most technical writing because of the short reading time the texts usually have. Broadcast writing was definitely a welcomed challenge that forced me and taught me how to pick and choose the most essential information, and how to express it in the quickest manner. I am also very glad I now have a blog, because without this class I would never have bothered to start one and now I have all the possibilities and opportunities that a blog can offer (I never thought a blog could be so useful before). This was a very useful class and I have learned a lot about writing in a professional, journalistic way. It was worth my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment